How to check if Twitch.tv is down?
By entering twitch.tv in the field above and clicking the "Check now" button, DOJ.me will reach out to check the status of Twitch.tv and see whether they are down or not. Just enter the url and a fresh site status test will be performed on Twitch.tv in real time using our online website checker tool.
There are numerous reasons a website might be unreachable. Unlike other down checker sites, we try to ping AND load the website.
- Ping failed: there might be a network error in play, although not necessarily.
- Ping failed but a valid http status is returned: the site is reachable, server settings make ping fail.
- Ping successulf but no valid http status is returned: there is no network error here, an application level error might be the culprit.
- No valid http status: http status above 400 means that the server couldn't successfully serve the request.
- In some cases websites block DOJ.me so we report them as offline when they are in fact online. We can do nothing about it, only those websites can unblock us. We have measures in place not to overload other sites with too many checks.
- Sometimes we get mixed results or our requests time out. In such cases we can't be 100% sure if a site is up or not.
Troubleshooting Tips for Twitch.tv
- Double check the URL of Twitch.tv. Sometimes it's just a typo.
- Does Twitch.tv use http or https? They are not the same and some websites don't work with both.
- Make sure it's not your connection that's down by visiting popular sites like amazon.com, google.com
- Are you using a VPN or a Proxy? Turn it off and try again.
- If Twitch.tv is your website, check the DNS settings and ask your hosting provider to check on your server.
- *bonus tip* Get hosting at a reliable company like GreenGeeks!
Is Twitch.tv down for us too?
If our tool is reporting that Twitch.tv is down, you cannot do much except wait for them to fix their servers. You can also check their history in the table below. (if they have any)